Yes TV has the following part-time, (3 days per week), position available in Calgary, Alberta:
1. Act as the central point of contact for general production and administration functions for Calgary / Edmonton stations.
2. Coordination of all promotional events.
3. Coordination of recruitment for freelance and casual labour.
4. Assist Crossroads Development department where needed with donor related events and conferences, as directed.
5. Responsible for general office management, including Fire Warden Duties.
6. Other duties as required
1. Answer telephone calls.
2. Purchase office supplies.
3. Coordinate and schedule meetings & appointments for Director, as needed.
4. Compile finance and monthly office reports and forward to Head Office.
5. Work with HR in Head Office to create freelance agreements
6. Coordinate annual car registration renewal.
7. Maintain well organized and presentable office environment.
8. Train & supervise support staff as needed for office coverage, promotional events & general labour
9. Encourage and maintain good relationships with YES TV and Crossroads viewers through professional and courteous customer service.
10. Complete and submit SOCAN Cue sheets for “This is Your Story” / documentaries / specials produced in AB.
11. Update YES TV schedule list as needed and distribute as requested and at promotional events.
12. Monitor YES TV transmission and follow-up with Engineering Dept., as needed.
13. Respond to viewer calls (re-programing / transmission issues) & follow up, as appropriate.
14. File corporate returns– CTS Extra-Provincial Nonprofit Registration & register Director changes
15. Monitor simulcast programs (day & eves) & follow up with appropriate YES TV personnel in Burlington.
16. Write articles for company newsletter, occasionally as directed.
1. Negotiate & execute YES TV promotional agreements with director from Director.
2. Organize and administrate all details for successful promotional events and attend events.
3. Coordinate company/station contests in western Canada.
1. Research & follow-up on story ideas.
2. Coordinate interviews and logistics with external production companies.
3. Schedule freelancers, review & approve invoices for payment as necessary.
4. Assist with interviews and “shoots”, as needed.
1. Open & close office daily, engage alarm, ensure office is tidy & promotional material is up-to-date
2. Respond to office alarm calls with appropriate follow-up. Including inspecting office during off-hours.
3. Communicate with SecurTek Alarm Monitoring regarding contact person at YES TV, particularly during vacations and other extended absences. Notify alarm back-up (Sean / Mike at Osprey Broadcast) as needed.
4. Work with building management, service companies, vendors, broadcast technicians, as needed.
• Attention to detail
• Time Management
• Anticipates Needs
• Verbal and Written Communication Skills
• Technologically savvy
• Social Media Understanding
• Positive Attitude
• Functions well under Pressure
• Excellent Customer Service
• Problem Solver
• Effective Communicator
• Creative Thinker
• Makes Deadlines
• Intermediate to Advanced Word and Excel skills
Please send a resume and a cover letter which includes a brief explanation of your knowledge of YES TV and why you feel you would be a good fit for our organizational mission and culture to the attention of [email protected]
For more information on this policy visit: www.yestv.com