1. Perform quality assurance of inventory.
2. Coordinate quality assurance clearances prior to month end processes (billing & CRTC) for CITS, CKCS and CKES.
3. Assist with the generation and distribution of Post Clearance reports to Direct Response and Retail clients (via sales coordinator).
4. Assist with last minute log changes (as identified by MCR).
5. Assist Traffic Manager with projects as needed
6. Implementation and maintenance of Format management.
1. Assist Manager with new hires and new team training
2. Assist team with any questions, problems that may arise daily
3. Assist Manager with setting and communicating goals, and deadlines
4. Assist Manager with meetings and communications
5. Use knowledge of station sell-out levels (commercial avails), to identify possible preemption/make good scenarios; work with the Traffic Manager, sales and revenue, to resolve inventory issues while minimizing client credits, optimizing station inventory and revenue.
6. Order Clearance and N/A management.
7. Generate daily avails, distribute avails to sales, and traffic.
8. Generate/manage pre-emption reports.
9. Manage all levels of pre-emptions.
10. Create weekly bonus analysis report.
11. Manage strategic bonusing in collaboration with Revenue Management.
12. Manage program change: working closely with Sales and Revenue, includes notification to sales, as well as, contract changes reflecting the changes (workflow to be documented).
13. Log quality assurance checks on CITS, CKCS, and CKES prior to daily download.
14. Backup: Conduct discrepancy report investigation, follow-up and distribution of report.
15. Backup for:
a. log editing for CITS, CKCS and CKES.
d. log reconciliation for CITS, CKCS, CKES and forced exceptions for indieNET
e. Provide promotions with SDS numbers and lower third numbers.
16. Work with Master Control on timing issues.
17. Maintain, (or assist with maintaining), internal reports; create and distribute post-clearance reports for Direct Response Clients.
18. High level analysis of stations logs.
19. Perform quality assurance testing as outlined in the Traffic Standard Practices and Guidelines.
20. Ensure quality assurance for orders (regional plus indieNET), copy and logs.
21. Work closely with Traffic Manager to ensure processes are intact.
22. Provide traffic training to new employees.
23. Work closely with Traffic Manager to ensure processes are intact.
24. Input to updating of traffic policies and training manuals as processes are refined.
· Good understanding of broadcast terminology
· Excellent communication and organization skills
· Strong time management skills and work ethic, (highly motivated), to manage multiple accountabilities
· Detail oriented
· Problem Solver
· Goal Driven and self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines
· Strong Team Player with excellent interpersonal skills
· Service oriented
· Committed to lifelong learning and developing skills
· Proficiency on use of Specialty Data Systems Traffic system / or other traffic systems.
· Intermediate to Advanced Word and Excel skills
Please send a resume and a cover letter to the attention of David Garby, [email protected]
which includes a brief explanation of your knowledge of YES TV and why you feel you would be a good fit for our organizational mission and culture
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.