1. Manage all aspects of Closed Captioning (LIVE/Offline)/DescribedVideo process.
2. Ensure all Closed Captioning/Described Video standards are met and maintained pertaining to all areas of broadcast media.
3. Liaison with outside Captioning/Described video companies.
4. Arrange/create Described Video for broadcast assets asper regulations set by CRTC.
1. Coordinate with multiple departments to determineClosed Captioning/ Described Video needs.
2. Facilitate the creation of closed caption files (LIVE/Offline)for new non-captioned media.
3. Facilitate in the correction of real time captioning to reflect 100% accurate pop up captions.
4. Assist in providing CRTC with samples of real time caption programs to ensure compliance.
5. Assist producer/editors in Closed Captioning/ DescribedVideo process.
6. Remain updated on current captioning requirements asset by the CRTC including NER certification.
7. Create a library of captioning information that is accessible as needed.
8. Organize/ execute process of Described Video including writing/editing/voice work.
9. Arrange described video from outside agencies as needed.
10. Remain updated regarding changing landscape of accessibility broadcast requirements.
11. Other duties as required.
1. Minimum of Secondary School diploma
2. 1 year working with Transcribing or Closed Captioning(Live/Offline)
3. Experience in Described Video
4. Editing experience with Adobe Premiere an asset
5. Proven ability to work with deadlines
6. Excellent written/oral communication skills
7. Very strong detail and organizational skills
8. Excellent time management
1. Lifelong learner
2. Service oriented
3. Strong work ethic
4. Functions well under pressure
5. Can work independently and enjoyscontributing to the organizational goals as a team member
Applicationswill not be considered unless they includea cover letter which includes an explanationof why you feel you would be a good fit for this role and the organization’sculture along with your resume. Applications will be receivedno later than March5, 2019 and should be addressed to theattention of:
Cheryl Campbell, Director, HumanResources
Applications internallyand externally will be considered. This position is open to both femaleand male applicants. YES TV is an Employment Equity Employer.