If you have management experience in broadcast media services and would welcome an opportunity to be part of a growing broadcast team committed to positive, family-friendly entertainment programming, we invite you to apply for the full-time permanent position of Media Services Manager
1. Manage the handling of all assets, working in conjunction with the Traffic, Programming and Technology departments.
2. Organize and oversee all digital storage, its respective software systems, its’ naming conventions and ensure that all materials are highly secure, yet accessible between the various data source systems.
3. Coach, mentor, train, and lead the Master Control, Broadcast Accessibility, Media Services (Ingest and quality control) teams with a focus on development and team building.
4. Ensure that the handling of media assets are in accordance with organizational SOP’s.
5. Verify that YES TV media distributed externally has met quality and regulatory standards.
6. Support the development, documentation and maintenance of efficient workflows.
1. Oversee the Team ingest and quality assurance teams to ensure the quality of all media assets received meets regulatory and corporate requirements.
2. Direct management of the Master Control team lead to ensure quality of content, execution of log and all its elements, proper execution of EAS, simulcasts, and compliance with all regulatory requirements.
3. Lead the Accessibility team, ensuring that accuracy regulatory requirements are achieved for Described Video and Closed Captioning, including but not limited to NER Accuracy Requirements, maintaining the CC and DV monthly regulatory reporting requirements.
4. Develop and refine Standard Operating Procedures for key processes within each of the areas of responsibility, finding efficiencies, implementing solutions and workarounds to ensure timely delivery of quality content for broadcast and distribution. Reference knowledge of eMAM, Morpheus, icon stations, SDS, Data management systems, cloud storage, EAS, simulcasts, traffic rules, and CRTC regulations.
5. Work in conjunction with Programming and Traffic teams, to oversee the quality assurance process - Monitor and report any quality issue well in advance of broadcast to ensure the quality of playout meets organizational and regulatory standards. Work with distributor/producer when deficiencies are found.
6. Communicate, collaborate and coordinate delivery with a variety of stakeholders, both internal and external ensuringproper resources are available to handle all the deliverables in a timely manner, with highest priority given to those with the earliest airdates.
7. Assist with the overall management of MS Planner – collaboration/communication project management tool used inconjunction with Programming.
8. Create opportunities for cross-training of team members.
9. Other duties as required.
1. College or University Degree with Television Media Studies or equivalent experience
2. 3-5 years’ broadcast media experience in Media Asset Management, Master Control, Ingest, and Accessibility
3. Experience supervising or managing a team that is scheduled to work 24/7.
4. Familiarity with broadcast processes, writing SOPs
5. Understanding of inter-connectivity and level of communication required between programming, broadcast traffic, media services, media library, MCR, accessibility, finance, marketing, sales, distributors, and internal/ external producers.
6. Proficiency with Adobe Premiere, Grass Valley products (Morpheus, eMAM), icon stations, SDS, cloud storage solutions, and Data Asset Management storage solutions.
7. Understanding of Broadcast standards, broadcast EAS notices, CRTC rules and regulations.
1. Excellent communicator
3. Able to prioritize
4. Works well under pressure
5. Time management
7. Service oriented
- Please send your resume and cover letter which includes an explanation of why you feel you would be a good fit for this role and the organization to, [email protected]
- We thank all applicants in advance, but only those selected for an interview opportunity will be contacted due to the volume of applications.
- Applications internally and externally will be considered.
- YES TV is an Employment Equity Employer.