1. On-Air Host – Spotlight locations, events and organizations, on camera for YES TV’s Living Local. Conduct on camera interviews with streeters, organizers and relevant promotional partners.Represent YES TV at promotionally sponsored events.
2. Writing – Research and script interview questions and stand-ups for Living Local episodes and associated social media posts.
3. Social Media – Support community outreach with regular Instagram posts from Living Local shoots, production days and promotionally sponsored events.
1. Host Living Local, perform stand-ups & interviews on shoot days.
2. Assist the producer in researching possible Living Local stories and locations around Southern Ontario.
3. Assist the producer in scripting interview questions and stand-ups for Living Local shoots.
4. Create Instagram content live on location at Living Local shoots, as well as during post-production.
5. Attend and represent YES TV at promotionally sponsored events as the community face of the station.
6. Other duties as required.
College or University Degree in related field (or equivalent experience in the industry)
Demonstrated success as an on-camera personality and writer.
· Engaging,curious, adventurous, spontaneous on-air and online personality
· Wide range of interests,knowledge, and curiosity in a wide range of topics, and an ability to make them relevant to existing and new audiences
· Approachable personality and the ability to make strangers feel comfortable and open on camera
· Openness to diverse perspectives and ideas, and differing points of view.
· Comfort in relating with people from all walks of life, backgrounds, income levels, and interests.
· Strong writer. Journalistic experience and training are an asset.
· Technical skills,including field recording and video editing, are an asset.
· Knowledge of and creative ideas around the use of social media and digital platforms to connect with and grow audiences.
· Ability to work effectively under deadline pressure.
Applications will not be considered unless they include a cover letter and a link to your demo reel which includes an explanation of why you feel you would be a good fit for this role and the organization’s culture along with your resume. Applications without cover letters will not be reviewed. We thank all applicants in advance but due to the volume of applications only those selected for an interview opportunity will be contacted.
Applications will be received no later than September 20, 2019 and should be addressed to the attention of: