1. Process semi-monthly payroll for several compensation models – salary, hourly, various shifts for Crossroads and YES TV.
2. Provide clerical support.
3. Assist with event planning and execution.
4. Complete a variety of reports including Statistics Canada reports.
5. Coordinate and complete year end reports such as T-4, T4A, and T2200.
1. Calculate, post and audit payroll information.
2. Monitor and ensure time and attendance entries are accurate and completed within the Time and Attendance records priorto payroll processing.
3. Make changes to employee information for existing employees and enter information for new employees.
4. Prepare payroll reports for finance department.
5. Prepare cheque requisitions for payments.
6. Calculate WSIB payments.
7. Send out reminders or other communications to ensure employees have updated their timesheets or time off information prior to payroll input date.
8. Assist employees with addressing any issues within the Time and Attendance system of record.
9. Generate year end and ad hoc reports.
10. Assist with onboarding new employees, summer students, interns and volunteers.
11. Assist with creating orientation schedules and act as liaison on employees first day.
12. Complete agreements for freelance and contract workers.
13. Organize and maintain physical personnel records and files.
14. Maintain vacation accrual records and annual vacation entitlement spreadsheet.
15. Assist auditors by providing requested information during annual audits.
16. Assist with event planning for staff functions, luncheons etc.
17. Assist with posting open positions.
18. Maintain detailed files and record keeping systems to assure accurate and complete documentation of payroll/personnel transactions in original copy
19. Other duties as required.
1. Payroll Compliance Practitioner Certificate or working toward certification.
2. Minimum of 3-4 years direct Canadian Payroll experience.
3. Strong accounting skills.
4. Experience in calculating special payments such as termination and severance, overtime, retro and stat holiday pay and fully aware of taxable and nontaxable benefits.
5. Advanced working knowledge of time &attendance software.
6. Familiarity with the Canada Labour Code for Federally Regulated organizations.
7. Experience providing HR administrative support in a high-volume environment.
8. Able to handle confidential information in an ethical and professional manner.
9. Sound analytical thinking, problem solving, prioritization, and execution skills.
10. Proficient in Word/Excel.
11. Excellent researching skills.
12. Excellent investigative and problem-solving skills
13. Excellent follow through skills.
14. Fast accurate data entry.
15. Capable of meeting deadlines and prioritizing workload.
1. People oriented – enjoy dealing with people on a dailybasis and assist in solving their problems
2. Good analytical skills
3. Excellent interpersonal skills
4. Good Listening skills
5. Attention to detail
6. Professional manner
7. Service oriented
8. Loves a challenge
9. Lifelong learner
Applications should be addressed to the attention of:
Sylvia Boyko, Payroll and Benefits Manager
Applications internally and externally will be considered. This position is open to both female and male applicants. Crossroads Christian Communications is an Employment Equity Employer.